An article from the Business Insider
As a small business owner or consultant, getting on the Web and developing your presence can be scary enough. When you’re in the thick of things, you don’t even want to hear terms like “search engine optimization (SEO)” or “Internet marketing.” But for your business to reach its full Web potential, SEO is something you need to consider. Because SEO matters.
- Build your site for users: our first step is to focus on your customers. And that means focusing on usability. Build a site that is intuitive and easy for people to digest.
- Become a subject matter-authority: Work toward asserting yourself as a subject matter authority in your niche by focusing on content and your personal brand
- Do stuff to attract links: Be on the lookout for ways to insert yourself into press mentions, hold contests and giveaways, sponsor events in your area, or support local charities. Give people a reason to talk about you.
- Increase social media and be social: When you’re creating cool stuff, kill two birds with one stone by making that “stuff” inherently social. Add social calls to action and incorporate social share buttons that allow for user participation.
- Think about Performance: Consider how your site performs on both the web and on mobile devices.
The best SEO means simply creating the most positive experience you can for visitors. For more tips on how to improve your business through the use of SEO, contact us today.